(You know, like "Reunited and it feels..." Never mind.)
I have sooo needed an apartment like this! Like most of you other Constances out there, I have another blog, a very unsecret one, that I started about the same time my first son was born, mainly so that my relatives, who all live far away, could keep up-to-date with us. Flash forward a couple of years and I'm stuck with a blog on which I am constantly censoring myself. And that's no fun! I'm keeping all the juicy good stuff to myself! Well, no longer.
First, the stats:
I'm a stay-at-home mom with 2 boys. The eldest (we'll call him Jack) is 2.5 and the baby (how about... Luke? Yes, I like Luke) is 4 weeks. My husband... Greg, we'll call him, is in the Army, and we've been married for 3.5 years. We have a good relationship, I think partly because we were really good friends for a long time before we became "romantically involved," as they say. This does not mean we don't have any problems, however; Greg will be one of three main things I'll be using this blog to vent about. Correction: one of four main things (just thought of another). Okay, no, wait- five. Five things. Um, I could go on... I'll be complaining/venting/ranting a lot, we'll leave it at that.
We live in an area neither my husband nor myself like. Greg doesn't like his job, but since having enough money to pay bills and eat is something we've grown rather fond of, he's just signed on for another 4 years, minimum. I miss having a life outside of my home and my boys, but we (by 'we' I mean mostly Greg) both agree that for now, and for another couple of years, since we can manage without a second income, it's for the best. Let's see, what else... Ah, yes. Greg's mother. My mother-in-law. She will feature quite prominently on this blog. In fact, if not for her, I wouldn't need an anonymous blog. If it were just Greg, and just my kids, and just my mother, and just my own issues, I think I could get along without one.
Well, anyway, there you have it. The boring stats are out of the way, and now I can move on to the good stuff. Well, not now now; now I have to get my butt up off the couch and interact with my child- poor kid's been watching TV nonstop this morning (not that he minds at all). Mommy needs to blog! But I will be back during nap time. THANK GOD he still naps.
(Perfect example: that right there, that "THANK GOD" I just typed. Couldn't have said that on my other blog, for fear of my severely Christian mother-in-law reading it and concluding that I'm a heathen and I must be taking all her boys to hell with me, what with my venomous language and all. I'm gonna love this secret blog!)
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome, welcome, WELCOME to the Constance Building. I really enjoy stories about evil religious mothers-in-law. Makes me feel like I'm not alone.
Post a Comment