So I'm sitting here typing away all the secret private things on my new anonymous blog that I can't put on the blog that all my family reads. I'm doing this on the couch while my husband sits on the other end of the couch playing video games. He has just died, and therefore has a couple of seconds before he can play again, so with nothing to do he looks over at me. "What are you typing on?" he asks. Oh crap. He knows my other non-anonymous blog is a Wordpress blog, and could tell immediately with just a glance from 8 feet away that this was not Wordpress. "Uh, nothing," I replied while hastily shutting the laptop. (If you want someone to leave you alone, acting suspiciously is NOT the way to go about achieving that.)
So of course he tries to see what I'm doing and bugs me about it, for the sole purpose that he can tell that I'm trying to keep it from him. "If you must know," I began, "I have another blog. An anonymous one." He said, "Since when?" I told him, "Last week. But you can't read it! It's anonymous and it's mine and I would appreciate it if you could pretend I didn't tell you this and just forget about it." He said something like sure, fine, whatever. "Promise?" I asked. "I promise that I won't deviously go looking for it. But if I happen to be paging through Blogger blogs and come across one that sounds like you..."
How did he know it's Blogger? Oh, right that big "B" up there. Damn it! At least he's discovered it a mere week into its existence, before I had a chance to do too much damage...
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment