Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thanks, but NO EFFING THANKS

The MIL just informed us that she had a surprise for us.

She's having family portraits done for us. This would be a nice surprise, right? IF they were to be of just us 4 (Greg and me and the boys). The family portraits are to be of us 4, as well as my SIL and MIL. This is weird, right? I mean, I'm not going to hang up a picture of my husband, my sons, and his mom and sister on my wall. Hey, here's my family, as well as two TOTALLY RANDOM other members of the family. Um, no.

And the best part? She wants us to wear MATCHING OUTFITS.

Kill me now.

6 comments:

Constance the Seventy Third said...

OMG GAG! HAHAHA!

I'm a photographer. I'm sure if you ask the photographer they'll let you do a few shots of just your immediate family. Then you can buy that one for your wall LOL!

Constance the 14,000th said...

OMG! do we have the same mil? mine would do that. i think. my mil once asked my hubs and i if we wanted to take advantage of a few free nights that she had at a luxury hotel in San Fran. We said yes of course! then she explained how she would just get an adjoining room.

maybe she will forget her offer?

"Constance-1-M" said...

ROTFLMAO ~ my inlaws did this to us last year & then had the nerve to be upset when the Princess wasn't in the mood to take pics (we had waited almost 2 hours at Sears with 9 other family members, she was less than thrilled)

I have ONE pick from that entire night displayed in my house & that's only up to keep the peace.

Ask the photog quietly, but most know "Hey, they would probably like a shot of just the 4 of them!"

Constance65 said...

HAHAHAHA! Why am I laughing? Because I think we have the same mil & sil. The only difference is that my mil and sil would request a photo of themselves with the kids. And then want you to hang that one up!

I think constance73 had the answer.

I Am Constance the Twenty Sixth. said...

HAhahahha! Matching outfits? It was bad, but when I read "matching outfits" I cracked up.

Oh dear God!

Constance The Twenty Fourth said...

73rd: That was my thinking exactly.

14,000th: OMG. Your MIL totally trumps mine!

1-m: Yeah, the baby is crying in almost every picture, and mine too had the nerve to be upset about this. Wtf? SHE is a mother, shouldn't she understand this?

75- One of her and SIL and the kids is just about the only combo she did not request. I bet she thought of it later and was mad at herself for not getting one of them and my kids.

26- And that is why I share these awful MIL stories. Because even though I have to LIVE these experiences, I like that at the very least someone else can be entertained. :)