We are on vacation right now. Well, Greg is on vacation; I am doing the same thing I do EVERY DAY, just in a different location. I'm still getting up early with the kids, preparing/feeding them their meals, entertaining them throughout the day, making sure the diaper and toy bags are stocked, the only one disciplining the 3-year-old the majority of the time.
We are at my mom's house. Right now, I am sitting on the couch, rocking my fussy/tired 6-month-old, sitting next to my 3-year-old whom I've just set up with a snack and "Monsters, Inc."
And Greg? Upstairs. Napping.
All that free time can be EXHAUSTING.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is EXACTLY how my "vacations" go, and who has to do the packing for the trip and the unpacking afterwards? Not him.
Yep. Been there. Done that. Sucks doesn't it? Next time, leave 'em all at home - it's what I do!
My FIL had an insight on this when we took our 9 month old to the beach last summer. You can take a vacation or you can take a trip with kids, but they are not the same trip.
Post a Comment