Tuesday, June 3, 2008

2 to 5 business days is 2 to 5 days TOO LONG

OMG, are you KIDDING ME?

Normally, I am TOTALLY fine with the fact that breastfeeding keeps me from having a period for a bonus 6 months or so. But you know what sucks about not having my period? I can't use the absence of it to tell if I might be PREGNANT or not...

Seriously? We used a condom every time. Not that there were even a lot of times, if you want to know the truth.

Here are the symptoms I've been having the past two weeks that have got me wondering:

-I've gained about a pound a half. This is despite the fact that I've been "working out" (which entails nothing more than a 20-minute Denise Austin video 3-4 times a week) for a few weeks. And my eating habits haven't changed.

-My belly seems bigger. It probably isn't noticeable to anyone other than me. But with both my other pregnancies, I seemed to get this little pooch like THE SECOND I found out there was a baby in there.

-The fatigue. Ohhh, the fatigue. Again, with both pregnancies, I was OVERCOME with sleepiness in the very beginning. I couldn't sit down without falling asleep. Is this because I'm taking care of a 3-year-old and a 6-month-old? Or is this because I'm busy creating a 0-month-old??? Seriously, I went to bed at 7:45 last night! Who does that? Besides toddlers and pregnant women, I mean. I slept 12 hours last night and I am STILL TIRED.

-Headaches. Very common little 1st trimester goodies for me.

Those are my only symptoms so far. And like I said, I don't have the benefit of saying, Oh, well I have my period so it can't be that, or of saying, Oh, well my period's not here yet, so it might be that.

Dude, I want one more baby. But not now! I already have a baby. Ohhhh, I can't even think about it. It freaks me out too much.

I ordered 20 pregnancy tests online, they'll be here in 2 to 5 business days. I have never awaited the arrival of something in the mail more anxiously IN MY LIFE.

2 comments:

Constance the 32nd said...

I went through the same thing, and you know what I did? Stocked up on pregnancy tests at the dollar store. Bought like 10 of them. And used 5 in two days. They work just as fine as the $7 ones. Thank goodness they were all negative. I hope the same for you!

Anonymous said...

I know, right?? I almost sprung for the priority shipping, except that was 2-3 days and that didn't seem like enough of an improvement when what I wanted was RIGHT NOW!!!